Under the guidance of Patrice Parr, Director of Food Services, about 100 staff members are working to adjust the recipes and menus used to feed our students so that our meals meet or exceed the new federal and state child nutrition standards. We strive to fulfill the needs and expectations of our students by serving attractive, tasty and healthy meals.
Our program encourages students and their families to make food and physical activity choices that foster a healthy lifestyle.
The SVUSD Food Services Department is guided by the following beliefs:
- We believe that children should be empowered to make food and physical activity choices that reflect the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- We believe that good nutrition and physical activity are essential to children's health and educational success.
- We believe that school meals that meet the Dietary Guidelines for Americans should taste good and appeal to children.
- We believe our programs must be built upon the best science, education, communication and technical resources available.
- We believe that school, parent and community teamwork is essential to encourage children to make food and physical activity choices for a healthy lifestyle.
- We believe in focusing on positive messages regarding food and physical activity choices children can make.