Literature Resource Center- the world's most current, comprehensive and reliable online literature database. Uniquely relevant to today's curriculum, the resource's rich critical, biographical and contextual materials support interdisciplinary approaches, information literacy, and the development of critical thinking skills. Researchers will find the information they need on authors and their works, from all time periods and from around the world.Opposing Viewpoints in Context is the premier online resource covering today’s hottest social issues, from Offshore Drilling to Climate Change, Health Care to Immigration. Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating presentations and more.
In addition to the engaging, streamlined interface and media-rich topic pages, the product's unprecedented collection of content and curriculum-focused tools that help students explore issues from all perspectives include:
- More than 14,000 pro/con viewpoint essays
- 5,000+ topic overviews
- More than 300 primary source documents
- 300 biographies of social activists and reformers
- More than 775 court-case overviews
- 5 million periodical articles
- Nearly 6,000 statistical tables, charts and graphs
- Nearly 70,000 images and a link to Google Image Search
- Thousands of podcasts, including weekly presidential addresses and premier NPR programs
- A national and state curriculum standards search, correlated to the content that allows educators to quickly identify material by grade and discipline.
Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) — the online resource used by millions of people looking for help in making confident decisions that will shape their future — has been updated with new features, a more user friendly interface and enhanced functionality. Plus TERC now offers additional certifications from Delmar — one of the premier sources for career readiness — providing access to career certifications focusing on rapidly expanding careers such as:
- Medical Assisting
- Cosmetology — 6 subjects, in both English and Spanish
- Auto Repair — (ASE) with 9 exams both in English and Spanish
- Medium/Heavy Truck Repair — with 8 exams
- Collision Repair — with 5 exams both in English and Spanish
A single source that helps meet multiple goals
Whether searching for undergraduate and graduate school programs, finding tuition assistance providers, or using the many career exploration tools, students and their parents, as well as adults exploring new career paths, will find the newly enhanced TERC — now with value-added content from Delmar — the most complete online resource for improving future success.
Student Resources in Context- for a generation accustomed to using the web to find their answers, Student Resources in Context is a cross-curricular breakthrough.
This next-generation portal reaches out to today’s learners with a Web-like user experience, which intuitively conveys needed information on all core subjects from Science to Literature to History. From the eye-catching, media-rich homepage to the fast navigation options, Student Resources in Context helps students develop both research and critical-thinking skills while covering the spectrum of student-focused subject matter.
Student Resources in Context provides holistic topic perspectives by integrating a multitude of content, including:
- 79,000 reference articles from acclaimed publications like American Decades
- 15 million periodical and newspaper articles from the New York Times, U.S. News and World Report, and many others
- 4,200 primary sources
- 100,000 multimedia records, including charts, graphs, maps and tables
- Video and audio content from NBC, NPR and many other respected sources