Jr. Kindergarten Program Information
· Every enrollment form must be turned in to Berylwood. Placement determined by need in August, 2013.
Magnet classes are currently located at Berylwood, Township and Madera Elementary Schools.
· Other locations will be determined by need.
· Daily Schedules will be the same as each school’s traditional kindergarten classroom instructional hours.
· School of Choice forms needs to be filled out and are available at school offices, February 1—28, 2013.
· Transportation must be provided by parents.
· Before/After school care is available throughthe Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District (584-4400) and the YMCA(583-5338).
LAUNCH Jr. and Transitional Kindergarten Programs
· Jr. Kindergarten is a developmental Kindergarten program designed for children turning five between July 1 and October 1, 2013 (state law), but not Kindergarten ready.
· This year the district will accommodate students that turn five between October 2 and December 2, 2013 in the Transitional Kindergarten, which is a two-year program.
· Designed to build on children’s knowledge through active learning experiences, and the use of hands-on, concrete objects.
· Delivered through center-based activities that enable students to explore materials and practice skills.
Reading and Writing standards
· Pre-reading/pre-writing skills
· Vocabulary development
· Listening and responding
· Letters of the alphabet
· Familiarity with written numbers
· Problem Solving
· Social Studies
· Large and small motor skills/P.E.
Additional Centers and Activities
· Computer Centers
· Dramatic Play
· Life Skills
· Field Trips