School of Choice Applications will be accepted February 2-27, 2015
Applications for school choice transfers must be submitted to the school of choice by 4:00pm on February 27, 2015. On March 3rd, a lottery drawing will be held to create a priority placement list. Applications submitted to schools after the February 27th deadline will be added to the bottom of the priority placement list in the order they are received. Students living in the school attendance area have first priority and do not need to complete an application. You may apply to more than one school. A separate application must be completed for each school.
- If you accept placement at any school, you will be removed from all other S.O.C. lists.
- Parents must accept the offer and submit the enrollment form within 5 business days, or they will be removed from the schools’ S.O.C. list.
- If you deny placement at any school, you will be removed from their list and remain on all other S.O.C. lists.
- Parents could receive a call as late as the day before school begins
- Parents cannot hold places, waiting for other schools to call them from their priority S.O.C. lists.
Information for parents of current 5th and 6th grade students:
Students entering the 6th grade have the choice of attending their current elementary school or they can apply, through School of Choice, to attend a middle school for their 6th grade year. If you would like your student to be considered for attendance at any middle school for 6th grade (even if the middle school is your neighborhood school), you must complete a School of Choice Application and submit it to your choice middle school before 4:00pm February 27th, 2015.
Students entering the 7th & 8th grades who wish to attend a middle school that is NOT their neighborhood school, must complete a School of Choice Application and submit to their choice middle school before 4:00pm February 27th, 2015.