A Message from Dr. Scroggin
The 2012-2013 school year began with renewed enthusiasm for providing all of our students with outstanding educational opportunities. The goals of the Simi Valley Unified School District are to improve student achievement and increase parent involvement in all aspects of school life. In addition, this year we are focused on providing quality service to our students, families, staff, businesses and governmental and community based organizations.
There are several programs, partnerships and other features of the Simi Valley Unified School District which are helping to move us closer to achieving our goals. A few of these are:
The Medical & Health Careers Academy at Simi Valley High School
- This program prepares students for post-secondary study and employment in the growing fields of medicine and healthcare.
The Impact Academy at Garden Grove Elementary School
- This program focuses on an integrated Mathematics and Science curriculum that provides a stimulating hands-on learning environment.
The Virtual Academy at Monte Vista
- This on-line academy program for high school students offers AP, honors, college prep and core pathway courses through a digital curriculum.
Mountain ViewTech – A Model Technology School
- The Mission of Mountain View Tech is to prepare students for the 21st century by providing programs through the use of interactive technology.
Monte Vista Independent Study
- Serving grades 1-12, this program offers a personalized alternative educational program allowing students to learn at their own pace.
LAUNCH Jr. Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten
- These programs offer educational opportunities for students who may not be quite ready for traditional kindergarten and for those who do not meet the State’s age requirement for traditional kindergarten.
In addition to the programs mentioned above, the Simi Valley Unified School District also has several strong partnerships which help us further our goals. These include the PTA/PTSA and the Simi Valley Education Foundation. Both of these organizations have partnered with our district to provide support which promotes outstanding teaching and learning. Our partnership with numerous local businesses in the community does the same.
Finally, our schools feature a positive school climate with highly qualified credentialed teachers, Character Education programs, after school clubs, and After School Care operated by the Rancho Simi Valley Recreation and & Parks District and the YMCA available on every campus.
All of these things combined have led to rising API scores, numerous awards and recognitions for both our schools and individual students and a real sense that Simi Valley schools contribute in a positive way to the quality of life in Simi Valley.